Sunday, June 12, 2011

Becky's Baby Gift

I had some cute ideas floating around in my head for a baby girl yet my girls are definitely NOT babies anymore. When Becky told me she was having a girl I knew just what I was going to make.




This first outfit is a white onesie that I die cut a flower from the Flower Folds sizzix die (sold by Stampin' Up!). I ironed it on and sewed around it then added a button. I used the same flowers for the flower that goes on the headband but I alternated the layers with fabric and white felt, sewed the layers together, added a button, then glued it to a clippie.


Now for the best part....RUFFLED BUM!!! I LOVE ruffled baby bums! It was a little time consuming to add the ruffles but super easy. I used the Tasteful Trims sizzix die (sold by Stampin' Up!) to cut the scallop edges out, sewed a gathering stitch close to the straight edge, gathered, pinned, then sewed one layer at a time starting with the bottom layer. I LOVE how it turned out!




Sorry the lighting isn't as great. My phone camera is not as great as my other...but the other is vacationing, somewhere. This is a smaller version of the pillowcase dress/shirt. I really hope it fit Alana because I didn't have a pattern to go from so I just guessed.


I also made some matching leggings to wear under the shirt/dress. They sure are CUTE! I didn't have a pattern for the leggings either. I used a pair of Kazia's leggings to make a pattern for my girls. I then shrunk it to a size that seemed fit for a newborn. I just hope I'm not way off.

1 comment:

Becky said...

It fits perfect! Thanks so much, it is adorable!